Throughout the course of my career, this web site has gone through many incarnations. It has promoted my books, served as a hub for my web publishing business, and showcased my research and scholarship. However, all those iterations have always circled around and back to my focus on writers and writing. I am a writer and I am a maker of writers. I have spent my career teaching, coaching, guiding, and mentoring writers.
I am now dedicating my web site to the important work of supporting writers and celebrating writing because I am a writing evangelist. I will share truths and lessons that I have learned about writers based on my decades of experience as a professional writer and editor as well as writing teacher, but more important I will share writing prompts, because one of the most important things I have learned about writing is that to be a writer you need to write.
Learn more about my vision for this web site as a virtual writing studio, check out my truths about writing, explore my writing prompts, and enjoy my creative musings. If you are inspired to write then I hope you will share your words using the #JustWrite hashtag!
My recent posts:
- 3 Reasons To Play In #6words
- Joy = Reintroducing myself to my muse
- The Importance of Creative Play
- Muse Game
- Found Poetry
- 7 Reasons To Write For Yourself
- Head too full…it’s gonna blow!
- Master plan gone with the wind
- Too much to do today
- Superpower vs. Kryptonite
- You Are A Writer
- Tanka Poems
- Let’s Do All The Things
- Plan? There is no stinkin’ plan!
- Sometimes my life a not-so-beautiful disaster
- Still don’t know who I am
- I Write ~ I Teach ~ I Learn
- I am the mother of reinvention
- Life is messy…why fight it?